5 Zendesk Live Chat Alternatives to Use On Ecommerce Websites
Live chat software is like a digital concierge, constantly monitoring inquiries and helping customers find the answers. A chat app is an essential tool for providing real-time customer support.
It allows consumers to communicate directly with customer service representatives, who can provide immediate assistance. Live chatting between a business and its clients also helps boost customer loyalty. Additionally, offering live chat support increases sales and website engagement, as customers can ask questions and receive product recommendations.
An example of an impressive live chat app for E-commerce websites is Zendesk. The software has held the number one spot for the best customer service product, best software product, and product for mid-market by G2 for four consecutive years.
It provides features, such as customer feedback surveys, live chat task management tools, customer analytics, and more. These elements combine to take any business to new heights. However, Zendesk may not be right for everyone.
If you’re in search of Zendesk alternatives, you have several to choose from, including Tidio, LiveChat, GetButton, Tawk.to, and Olark.
Are Live Chat Apps Necessary for E-commerce Businesses?
In today’s technology-driven world, live chat apps are necessary for e-commerce businesses. There are several benefits an E-commerce business can gain from using live chat services on their websites.
Pros of using live chat on a business website include:
- Customers can engage with the business directly online.
- Client inquiries can be addressed quickly and accurately.
- Website live support chat apps cost less than other marketing activities.
- Live chat can help boost brand awareness by providing more visibility on social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram. This will help target the same consumer segment that visits e-commerce websites regularly to shop online.
- Using a live chat app for your e-commerce business boosts sales. Customers who use live chat when making purchases outspend those who don’t by up to 60%. This is because real-time support can quickly address any queries customers might have regarding their purchases. As a result, 38% of customers make a successful purchase after the chat session.
- Live chat also helps with lead generation, which increases sales. This is done through the market insights garnered from the integrated chat platform.
Although live chat software can provide many benefits in business, there can be potential drawbacks.
Cons of using Live Chat Apps on a Business Website include:
- Customers will get irritated by long wait response times. If you provide an instant messaging service, consumers expect a rapid response. Failing to respond to inquiries fast enough can lead to a decline in customer satisfaction. As a rule of thumb, it is essential that messages are replied to within five minutes.
- Scripted replies from a chatbot might ruin customer service. Clients may become frustrated by automated responses, which are impersonal.
Do You Need a Live Chat Widget on Your Website?
In the current digital climate, using chat support software as a customer service option is quickly becoming an essential feature for businesses. Many online consumers rely on this communication channel because it’s convenient.
Having a live chat button on your website is necessary because it’s how visitors will know you have this option. It can help provide quick assistance to visitors, which leads to better sales.
Some buyers may have questions about a product that they want answered before they make a purchase. The purpose of the chat widget is for them to quickly get the answers and reassurance they need to be comfortable making their purchase.
Therefore, a chat widget on your website not only boosts sales but also improves customer service and encourages consumer loyalty.
5 Zendesk Live Chat Alternatives
Those that are searching for alternative live chat options can rest assured that there are many to choose from. Here are the top five substitutes:
Tidio is a comprehensive solution that improves customer support processes and drives sales growth. Its live chat widget allows customers to connect with your business quickly and while an automated chatbot handles routine customer interactions, freeing up your resources for more complex queries. More than 300,000 websites rely on Tidio to offer outstanding customer service.
- The software can be used on several devices
- It has a customizable widget
- Tools for live chat on websites
- A ticket management system
- An order management system
- Reports and analytics to help make better business decisions
- Free payment plan option
Why Tidio Is a Good Alternative to Zendesk
Tidio is more than just a chat app. It’s a robust CRM (customer relationship management) system. The chat app allows your organization to understand, manage, and nurture relationships with customers, suppliers, and colleagues.
By having an overview of customer interaction, you can identify new sales opportunities and provide personalized customer support. This allows you to give quality, targeted services at all times.
LiveChat offers a streamlined chat solution designed to give businesses quicker and more effective customer support. Loaded with useful features, it is highly intuitive and can easily be customized to fit seamlessly into any website.
Moreover, its powerful tools let companies generate leads, manage conversations, and even sell online. With LiveChat, businesses can use a comprehensive chat platform to win over customers.
- It provides customer service reports and analytics
- Each connection is encrypted for security
- Supports over 45 languages
- Helps with team management to improve efficiency
- A built-in ticketing system
- Multiple messaging channels to reach customers anywhere
- Mobile friendly
- Integrates with over 200 services
Why LiveChat Is a Good Alternative to Zendesk
LiveChat is a great alternative to Zendesk because it is a live chat app that provides seamless omnichannel support. Some people prefer sticking to a particular messaging app. With LiveChat, you can reach your customers on their preferred messaging medium, including Instagram, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, and Twitter.
The GetButton chat button links website visitors directly to instant messaging apps such as WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger, enabling them to begin a conversation with a business. It’s a straightforward chat widget that facilitates a connection between you and your customers.
Both parties can keep their conversation going anytime and anywhere, even if the customer leaves the website.
- A multilingual widget
- It provides a fast and easy setup. In one minute, this software can be set up and personalized to suit your preferences.
- Compatible with mobile devices, tablets, and desktops
- Can set up one messaging app or add multiple channels
- View and analyze customers’ profiles to better understand their needs and preferences
- Supports WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, Viber, Telegram, Line, WeChat, and more
Why GetButton Is a Good Alternative to Zendesk
If you prefer simplicity, the GetButton chat widget is a great Zendesk alternative. The setup process is straightforward, and it’s free and easy to use. It also offers a range of advanced Pro features. No registration or login is needed to take advantage of the convenience, simplicity, and beauty of this app.
Tawk.to is an intuitive customer support platform that enables businesses to converse with clients and website visitors in real time. It provides users with features, such as offline forms, customizable branding, website visitor tracking, response templates, file transfers, chat history, and screen sharing. The best part is—it’s free.
- An integrated ticketing system
- Monitor activities in real time
- Over 100 integrations
- Customize your widgets
- It supports 27 languages
Why Tawk.to Is a Good Alternative to Zendesk
Tawk.to is a well-rounded chat support software that doesn’t cost a dime. It offers a range of features designed to help improve business operations, including custom tabs, group messaging, visitor information, sentiment tracking, scheduling, desktop notifications, agent alerts, and emojis.
Mobile applications for Android and iOS devices also enable users to stay connected from remote locations and effectively manage customer activity.
Olark is a cloud-based live chat solution that enables businesses to chat with their customers on their websites. Using HTML integration, Olark equips webpages with an option to start a chat. This means businesses can offer customers direct interaction with sales representatives and customer service agents.
- The live chat support software has a trigger-based chat feature, which allows users to be proactive in conversing with visitors.
- Team management
- Automated messaging
- Gives reporting in real-time
- Easily search for transcripts
- Monitor chat performance and agent activity
Why Olark Is a Good Alternative to Zendesk
Olark is another affordable Zendesk alternative if you have a small business. The software is trusted by many e-commerce businesses. Additionally, the chat platform allows users to view the customer service process. Therefore, businesses can make decisions regarding customer service improvement.
The Bottom Line
All businesses, including e-commerce companies, thrive on customer service. To offer the best customer support, you must be able to engage with consumers. In modern times, one of the best ways to do that is digitally, through live chat software.
Live chat apps don’t just provide a medium for customers and businesses to communicate, but they also offer tools to boost sales and productivity, too. Zendesk is a great chat support software that many rely on.
However, if you need an alternative, you have options. Tidio, LiveChat, GetButton, Tawk.to, and Olark are all great alternatives that perform the same duties as Zendesk. Any of these live chatting apps can improve the efficiency of business operations, drive sales, and enhance customer service. It’s up to you to try them to see which works best for you.